Carers Self Help Program
Headway Gippsland's Carers Self Help Program recognises the emotional, social, spiritual, physical and psychological needs of family and carers of people with ABI.
Our Carers Self Help Program aims to:
- maximise personal support for carers within their families and community
- enhance carers coping resources
- re-affirm carers self-esteem
- strengthen well-being through social and respite activities such as outings, retreats and pampering.
Develop New Skills
Headway Gippsland's Carers Self Help Program is structured to be educational and to encourage group interaction. It offers empathy, understanding and mutual support.
The program uses guest speakers and promotes personal growth through:
- skill development
- problem identification and solving
- exploring options
- goal setting
It provides up-to-date information on:
- dealing with ongoing grief
- living with loss
- long-term care
- family issues
- behavioural and social issues
- memory loss
- dealing with difficult situations