Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – three no-cost counselling sessions for staff
Headway Gippsland has engaged the EAP arm of Relationships Australia to support the health and wellbeing of its own staff. This means staff have access to face-to-face or telephone counselling with a trained professional at no cost.
EAP is at its core, short-term solution-focused counselling to help staff deal with issues affecting their work. If staff are feeling overwhelmed, affected by the work they are doing, or if they are facing issues at home they can book in for an appointment.
Headway Gippsland will cover services for three sessions per staff member this year. If you have any questions about the service, please contact your manager.
Phone Relationships Australia Victoria on 1800 720 126 to book an appointment. Phone the Traralgon branch on 5175 9500. For more information, visit relationshipsvictoria.org.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind, RAV is not a crisis service. If you are in crisis, phone Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Some useful tips from Relationships Australia
- Asking about family violence in the workplace
- Becoming an elder carer
- Helping your children through separation
- Communication skills
- Elder abuse
- Family dispute resolution
- Maintaining professional boundaries
- Managing stress
- Managing conflict in the workplace
- Family violence in the workplace
COVID-19 tip sheets from Relationships Australia
- Looking after your mental health
- Working from home tips
- Working from home and managing social isolation with your partner
- Being a caring family member
- Managing conversations about money
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Preventing and overcoming loneliness
- Self-care strategies
- Managing self-isolation with your children and family