Training And Information
ABI is not hereditary, curable, contagious, a mental illness, an intellectual disability.
Headway Gippsland Inc. can supply information on Acquired Brain Injury and the range of services available within the community. Topics include:
- general information on ABI
- causes and effects of ABI
- information for volunteers working with people with ABI
- training for students working in the disability services sector
- managing behaviours of concern
- information and strategies for carers
- information can be made available in 13 different languages.
Headway Gippsland also runs training sessions on ABI and related issues for:
- community groups
- service providers
- HACC workers.
Our training sessions and information packages can be tailored to for different groups. We also have guest speakers available to address service clubs, service providers and others.
Contact our office on (03) 5127 7166 for more information.