Strengthening your ability to coordinate and implement supports and participate in the community.
Headway provides Support Coordination to help people with a disability and their family or support network to navigate the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Support Coordination can support you to understand and implement your NDIS plan. We can help you to find the right service providers for your needs, and coordinate all of your supports, including mainstream, informal, community and funded supports.
Working with you and your support network, we can assist you to explore your options, develop resilience in your own network and community, to resolve points of crisis and to build on informal supports.
Support Coordination aims to build your capacity to undertake tasks associated with the management of your own supports. The type of Support Coordination you are funded for will be outlined in your NDIS plan.
There are three levels of Support Coordination:
Short-term assistance to implement your NDIS plan, including identifying service providers and negotiating Service Agreements.
Longer-term support to build your capacity to navigate the complexity of services and supports you need from a range of providers.
Specialist Support Coordination
Specialist support coordination where you have a more complex situation.
How we can help
We can help you to navigate the NDIS through the different stages of your NDIS journey. We can support you to:
- identify the services and service providers that best meet your individual needs
- coordinate service providers and supports, or build your capacity to coordinate your own supports
- obtain quotes for services and set up Service Agreements with providers
- coordinate assessments, reports, and health and medical specialists
- monitor your NDIS plan outcomes and expenditure, and report back to the NDIA, and
- re-develop your goals prior to your NDIS plan review.